The recent hot weather has been lovely but the lack of rainfall this spring, coupled with a big increase in the amount of water being used means that we are seeing an impact of low water levels in rivers, reservoirs and lakes. As the warm weather continues and schools re-open and businesses begin to start up again, demand increase further so we’d like to ask for your help to save water where you can.
1. Only wash full loads in your washing machine or dishwasher
2. Use a bucket and sponge to wash your car, rather than a hose-pipe
3. Have a shower, instead of a bath
4. Turn the tap off when brushing your teeth
5. Install a water butt to collect rainwater for watering your garden
6. Water your garden early in the morning or in the evening, when it is cooler.
But please do keep washing your hands regularly.
United Utilities are also working to repair leaks so, if you spot a leak in the road or street, report it.
Let’s use water wisely so we can continue to enjoy our lovely lakes and rivers.