The map below shows all completed, ongoing and new projects in development by the Partnership.
Although all organisations within the partnership work collaboratively and share expertise and resources where appropriate, many of these projects are within the remit of single lead organisations.
The West Cumbria Catchment Partnership exists to develop and coordinate true partnership projects, delivered by collaboratively by partner organisations and local communities, to realise multiple benefits in a cost-effective way.
Click on the links opposite to find out more about our partnership flagship projects.
Many organisations in the partnership have routine operations and initiatives that make an important contribution to improving our environment. The map shows only the locations of specific projects and therefore does not capture all of the work being delivered within West Cumbria.
There are also a number of ongoing initiatives:
- River Corridors Group – Program of habitat improvements targetted to salmonids, across the Derwent catchment.
- Cumbria Woodlands and Cumbria County Council – Cumbria Coastal Community Forest
- West Cumbria Rivers Trust – Woodlands for Water
- Cumbria County Council – Cumbria Coastal strategies
- Natural England – Catchment Sensitive Farming
- Woodlands Trust – MOREWoods
- Cumberland Council – Making Space for water – A program of ‘quick-win’ interventions to reduce flood risk to properties and infrastructure.
You can find more information about the work done by the partner organisations here by clicking on the logos.