The map below shows all ongoing and new projects in development by partner organisations. If you have an idea of a project you would like to see happen, or know of a project that is not listed, tell us about it using the ‘submit a project’ tab in the map.
Although all organisations within the partnership work collaboratively and share expertise and resources where appropriate, many of these projects are within the remit of single lead organisations.
The West Cumbria Catchment Partnership exists to develop true partnership projects which go beyond the normal activities of each member organisation. These projects are developed collaboratively to produce multiple benefits and are delivered by multiple partners in a coordinated way.
For these projects, we have working groups to involve several partner organisations and local communities in the project development and delivery. Examples of our partnership flagship projects are;
- Cocker catchment restoration and natural flood management
- Glenderamackin catchment restoration natural flood management project
- Flimby flood alleviation
- A66 & communities flood alleviation and Newlands beck restoration
- Lower Derwent working group
- St. John’s beck working group
- Annas catchment working group